When I founded Aviva Natural Health Solutions my goal was to offer a comprehensive selection of the world’s best products for healthy living.
In developing and refining the Aviva concept of health I am continually researching health products to provide the best in class; the “state of the art” in every category. Visitors to our store and website appreciate my in-depth research and know they don’t have to spend significant time investigating products as I have done the research and qualified our product lines to make choices easier.
To determine the system that would provide the best overall water filtration I developed a 21 Point Water Filtration and Purification System criteria. I knew that if I could find a system that satisfied these 21 points, or at least came close, that I could recommend the system with confidence.
OPUS Healthy Water Systems satisfy the 21 Point Water Filtration and Purification System criteria.
1. Micro-filtration for all models. Minimum .5 micron filtration technology with UF (ultrafiltration) options to filter to less than .2 micron, and Germicidal UV options to ensure your water is microbiologically safe to drink.
2. Removal of chlorine and optional chloramines reduction.
3. Removal of fluoride and arsenic.
4. Removal of manganese.
5. Removal of heavy metals, contaminants, lead, cysts, THMs, nitrites, VOCs, MTBE, etc.
6. Retaining or adding minerals, including calcium, magnesium and potassium.
7. Maintain existing pH level, no increased acidity.
8. Customization based on filtration of specific chemicals or contaminants, i.e. removal of fluoride filtration filter for unfluoridated water, adding germicidal UV-C to kill micro-organisms, adding catalytic carbon media to remove chloramines, option of adding alkalizing, antioxidant filter, etc.
9. Environmentally friendly (no water waste) or high electrical costs.
10. Reasonable purchase price and low cost per gallon.
11. Easy installation, maintenance, and filter changes.
12. Low cost of operation with inexpensive and widely available non-proprietary filter replacements. Owning a water filtration system saves delivery costs, fuel surcharges, storage space, etc., when compared to bottle water delivery.
13. Everything is included for installation, including an elegant designer ceramic disk lead-free faucet, tubing, John Guest shut off valves and connections for the included faucet, etc. Many companies charge extra for the installation kit, faucet, etc.
14. Ability to easily upgrade to newer technologies or more advanced models in the future.
15. No risk of fungal, bacterial or viral contamination from RO membrane or holding tank. A large clinical study proved that drinking RO water can be hazardous to your health.4
16. No risk of nickel, bisphenol-A, phthalates or other contamination through contact with plastics or stainless steel. Bisphenol-A and phthalates, used to make plastic bottles, are linked to increases in cancer and birth defects. Nickel, used to make stainless steel, is the most common metal allergy.
17. No bulky pressurized holding tank.
18. No risk of adverse health effects caused by drinking de-mineralized water.
19. Water is “on demand,” with no waiting for a holding tank to fill. Water can be dispensed continuously. RO and distillation systems are limited to 2-4 gallons of water storage, requiring time to allow more water to be purified.
20. Systems and supplies are available through normal retail outlets, and not sold through multi-level or network marketing, which significantly increase the price.
21. Minimum 5 year limited warranty.