AlkaPlus is a 5-filter, 7-stage system featuring dual carbon (granulated and carbon block), KDF media, .5 micron carbon block microfiltration technology to remove MTBE, VOCs and 99.5% of mercury and lead, and the health promoting bioceramic water amplification filter, producing water that is superior to that produced by expensive electric “micro-water” ionizers for a fraction of the cost.
KDF media is an advanced zinc-copper formulation that removes chlorine, iron, hydrogen sulfide, nitrates, nitrites, arsenic, cadmium, chromium, mercury, manganese, nickel, trichloroethane, lindane, chloroform, heavy metals, lead, and mercury.
The bioceramic filter adds additional ionic magnesium, calcium and potassium, lowers the ORP (oxidation reduction potential), increases the concentration of negative hydrogen and oxygen ions, increases alkalinity, reduces the cluster size, and transforms purified water into antioxidant, alkaline water.
Stage 1: 5-Micron Dirt/Rust/Sediment Omnipure Filter – Horizontally Mounted Inline
This filter removes dirt, rust, sediment, and other contaminants and prevents these materials from affecting the efficiency of the fluoride, KDF media and carbon filters. In normal use replace every 6-12 months.
Stage 2: Fluoride Filtration
A 10-inch tall Bone Char Fluoride Filter provides effective removal of fluoride by adsorption.
Stage 3 and 4: 3 Pounds KDF Media, 1 Pound Granulated Activated Carbon (GAC)
KDF media removes chlorine, iron, hydrogen sulfide, nitrates, nitrites, arsenic, cadmium, chromium, mercury, manganese, nickel, lead, trichloroethane, lindane, chloroform and heavy metals. The KDF/GAC filter is placed after the fluoride filter to ensure that any particles from the fluoride filter will be absorbed.
Stage 5 and 6: This dual stage filter is the rightmost vertical stage of the unit, and consists of a 0.5 micron carbon block filter that has multiple functions, including:
- Trapping particles (fines) from the KDF/GAC filter, and also blocking most bacteria (including E. Coli). (Stage 5)
- Removing chlorine, odors, dissolved and particulate lead (99.5% removal rate for lead), mercury, cysts, giardia, cryptosporidium, entamoeba and toxoplasma cysts. A unique feature of this filter is the filtration of MTBE and VOCs — contaminants that very few filtration systems can remove. (Stage 6)
This filter also puts a final polish to the water and ensures it is crystal clear and great tasting. This final filter is superior to the majority of standalone filter systems on the market. Replace annually.
Stage 7: OPUS Bioceramic Water Amplification Filter – Horizontally Mounted Inline Alkalizing, Ionizing, Antioxidant Filter
The OPUS bioceramic water amplification filter transforms water purified by the previous six stages into ionized, antioxidant, oxygenated, alkalizing, health promoting drinking water. Rated life: 7,000 litres (1850 gallons) or one year @ 5 gallon per day use, or 2 years @ 2.5 gallons per day.
BENEFITS OF BIOCERAMIC FILTER:
- Increased pH, creating more alkaline drinking water. Alkaline liquids help flush acidic metabolites and toxins at the cellular level, while increasing the body’s alkalinity.
- Addition of healthful ionic (ionized) minerals, including magnesium, calcium, and potassium.
- Increase in oxygen. Ionized water can deliver twice the oxygen to your cells as tap or bottled water. German biochemist Dr. Otto Warburg won the Nobel Prize for research indicating that cancer cannot survive in the presence of oxygen, and that cancer cells are anaerobic.
- Vitamin C – Adds to the antioxidant functionality of the filter.
- Antioxidant function scavenges oxygen free radicals (radical oxygen species), and may help reduce the risk of degenerative diseases including cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Tourmaline – Far infrared ceramic ball – produces negative hydrogen (hydroxyl) ions and creates a smaller water cluster size.
- Smaller water clusters (51.497 Hz) hydrate the body up to 3 times more effectively than normal water, while helping to increase the absorption of nutrients and minerals.
More Information > The OPUS AlkaPlus Water Filtration System is available at Aviva.
Questions about water filtration? Call us toll-free at (866) 947-6789